Friday, January 15, 2010

Support for Haiti


Dear UWM Community,

The earthquake disaster in Haiti is clearly of great concern to many individuals here on the UWM campus, considering what I have heard since it happened. I share that concern and know that faculty, staff and students will find ways to support relief efforts with campus events in the days ahead.

In the meantime, I would like to share information about how you can make a difference today.

InterAction, the largest coalition of U.S.-based international nongovernmental organizations focused on the world’s poor and most vulnerable people, is maintaining a Haiti earthquake page:

http://www.interaction.org/crisis-list/earthquake-haiti

It contains information about the current action being taken by dozens of relief agencies and how you can donate to these agencies. I encourage you to join me and find a way to help at this crucial time.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Carlos E. Santiago
Chancellor

No comments:

Post a Comment